Climb to Beat Breast Cancer
If challenging yourself physically and mentally appeals to your adventurous side and being part of a team making a real difference inspires you, consider joining the Ascension SE Michigan Climb to Beat Breast Cancer.
Help us continue the vision of our founder, Francesco Lucarelli, who views climbing mountains as a wonderful metaphor for his conviction that - like working to prevent breast cancer - anything is possible if taken one step at a time.
As a climber, you will follow in the footsteps of Francesco, who in 2007, decided to honor his mother's memory by "climbing to fight breast cancer." His first successful attempt was to climb Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa in 2007. Past climbs include:
- June 29, 2019: Whitetop Mountain, Virginia
- June 30, 2018: Mt. Marcy, New York
- June 24, 2017: Brasstown Bald, Georgia
- June 25, 2016: Mt. LeConte, Tennessee
- June 27, 2015: Harney Peak, South Dakota
- June 28, 2014: Mount Mitchell, North Carolina
- June 29, 2013: Grand Teton, Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- June 30, 2012: Mount Katahdin, Maine
- June 25, 2011: Ben Lomond, Utah
- June 26, 2010: Mount Washington, New Hampshire
- June 27, 2009: Pikes Peak, Colorado
- Feb. 17, 2008: Mount Aconcagua, Argentina
- Feb. 5, 2007: Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa
One in eight women will develop invasive breast cancer within her lifetime - a startling statistic! From the minute you learn you have breast cancer, you want someone you can trust to help ease your worries and find the answers you need. You'll want the most comprehensive breast care available - you can find it within the Ascension SE Michigan Breast Care Program. Here treatment focuses on the individual, with treatment options geared to each woman's unique needs. Skilled, caring professionals surround you with support and provide unparalleled breast care, including:
- A complete approach to care
- Many experts, one focus
- Access to research and clinical trials
- Healing the body, mind and spirit
- Genetic counseling to protect your family
Click here for more information on the Ascension SE Michigan Breast Care Program.