What is the Providence Society?
The Providence Society was established to demonstrate our deep appreciation to our benefactors and most loyal supporters for your decision to support the Mission of Ascension Providence Hospital through your generous philanthropic gifts. It is an exclusive support system with concierge-style benefits designed to assist you when you need care at Ascension Providence Hospital.
Providence Society membership offers personal navigation for healthcare services for your family household members 24 hours a day. Our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction when using Ascension Providence Hospital. Your generous charitable support is truly valued. The service provided by the Providence Society is our way of saying "thank you."
How to join
There are various ways you can quality for Providence Society membership through your gifts to Ascension Providence Hospital:
- A cash gift of $25,000
- A cash pledge of $25,000 over five years with a minimum annual $5,000 donation
- A planned gift valued at $50,000 or more (in terms of future remainder benefit)
Your tax-deductible donation will benefit whichever area of the hospital you choose. This way your contribution impacts the area of medical care most meaningful to you.
Benefits for you
As an inpatient, you will receive:
- Assistance with expediting the Emergency Center admission process, when possible, as medically appropriate
- Assistance connecting with the most appropriate specialists
- Personal visits from a hospital representative to ensure your Providence Society inpatient experience
- Special VIP dining menus and complimentary guest dining
- The peace of mind that a hospital manager is overseeing your needs
- Post-care contact to ensure all concerns are managed
- Free valet parking
As an outpatient, you will receive:
- Assistance scheduling specialty physician appointments
- Assistance scheduling diagnostic studies
- A personal escort to services as needed
- Free valet parking
The Providence Society is available to members 24/7. For more information on joining or to arrange a hospital tour, please call the Ascension Providence Foundation at 248-465-5000.
Providence Society members are provided with a wallet-sized card that identifies them as lifetime members of this exclusive group. A dedicated phone number, printed on the card, gives around-the-clock access to donor relations staff whenever assistance is needed with Ascension Providence Hospital services. To become a member or to discuss your interests and giving opportunities, please call 248-465-5000.
"As a physician at Ascension Providence Hospital, I see firsthand how the generosity of our donors helps our patients heal--body, mind and spirit. Thank you for joining our Providence Society family; your gifts support our health system in important ways," says Shukri David, MD, Physician Chair, Heart & Vascular Center of Excellence, Ascension Michigan, and Art Van Elslander Chair of Cardiology, Ascension Providence Hospital.