Ascension St. John Hospital
Ascension St. John Hospital is located at the crossroads of several communities. Long-known for excellent, compassionate medical care, we have the privilege of serving the poor while also serving more affluent populations.
Our clinical services include:
- more than 50 medical and surgical specialties
- a Level 1 Trauma Center
- the Gretchen C. Valade Cardiovascular Hybrid Operating Room, the first of its kind in Michigan
- excellence in maternal/child services, including the new Mary Ann Van Elslander Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Special Care Nursery
- many minimally invasive and robotic surgery options
- a network of oncology specialties
- comprehensive bone and joint care
- a thriving medical education program
Philanthropy plays a critical role in our ability to provide world-class healthcare for you and your family. Gifts support state-of-the-art technology, expansion and renovation of our facilities and programs, education and training for our medical staff, and medical research.
Your gifts have supported:
- a new Electrophysiology Lab with cutting-edge technology
- renovation of the Cracchiolo Family Birthing Center
- the Ralph C. Wilson Jr. Acute Care of the Elderly Unit
- The Wilson Center: Senior Resources for Independent Living
- the addition of the Jerome F. Williams Gastric Cancer Program
- expansion and renovation of the Mary Ann Van Elslander NICU and Special Care Nursery
All gifts of any amount are welcome and make a difference. There are a myriad of areas you can support, including but not limited to:
Perinatal Technology & Equipment: The Mary Ann Van Elslander Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Special Care Nursery was expanded and renovated to ensure the hospital maintains its leading edge of excellence. The revitalized NICU provides improved privacy, care and comfort for our tiniest and most fragile patients. Support for the latest technology and equipment is a vital component and an ongoing need.
The Cracchiolo Family Birthing Center: The arrival of a baby is an exciting time for a family. Mothers and families expect hospital accommodations to be clean, modern, comfortable and welcoming. While the Birthing Center at Ascension St. John Hospital has been providing excellent care for more than 60 years, the center needed a significant renovation. A modernized facility with the latest technology will enhance the comfort and the overall patient/family-centered care experience for mothers, newborns and their families. You can find more information on the Birthing Center renovation and the "Where Families Begin and Grow" campaign here.
Orthopedics: The latest Orthopedic technology and surgical equipment is essential to complement the Orthopedic patient care facilities and services already in place. Obtaining additional state-of-the-art technology and equipment will help us offer our patients the best treatment, attract and retain the finest surgeons and clinicians, and capture market share in this important healthcare area.
Make a Gift
For information on making a gift for NICU perinatal technology, the Cracchiolo Family Birthing Center, Orthopedics or any other program you wish to support at the hospital, please call 313-343-7480. Gifts can also be made online.