Personal Health Services for Benefactors
What is the McQuade Society?
The McQuade Society was established by the administration of Ascension St. John Hospital to show its appreciation to our benefactors and loyal supporters.
As a service for our committed hospital donors, membership offers personal navigation by a dedicated donor relations representative 24 hours a day for any health services your family household members may need. Our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction when using Ascension St. John Hospital.
Ascension St. John Hospital values the generous, charitable support we receive from our benefactors. The service provided by the McQuade Society is our way of saying "thank you."
Here for you...
As an inpatient, you will receive:
- A personal escort to expedite the Emergency Center process as medically appropriate
- A bed ready upon admission, the best available for required treatment
- Assistance connecting with the most appropriate specialists
- Personal visits to ensure your McQuade Society experience
- Special VIP dining menus and complimentary guest dining
- The peace of mind that a hospital manager is overseeing your needs
- Post-care contact to ensure all concerns are managed
- Free valet parking
As an outpatient, you will receive:
- Assistance scheduling physician appointments
- Assistance scheduling diagnostic studies
- A personal escort to services as needed
- Free valet parking
How to join...
There are several ways to qualify for McQuade Society membership through your gifts to Ascension St. John Hospital:
- A cash gift of $25,000
- A cash pledge of $25,000 over five years with a minimum annual $5,000 donation
- A planned gift valued at $50,000 or more (in terms of future remainder benefit)
Your tax-deductible donation will benefit whichever area of the hospital you choose. This way your contribution impacts the area of medical care that is most meaningful to you.
The McQuade Society is available to members 24/7. For more information on joining or to arrange a hospital tour, call 313-343-4602 or 313-343-7480.
After qualifying for membership, McQuade Society members are provided with a wallet-sized card that identifies them as a member of this exclusive group.
Sister Verenice McQuade
Sister Verenice McQuade, CSJ, dedicated a significant portion of her life to caring for patients and associates of Ascension St. John Hospital. Well known for her kindness, compassion and ready smile, her legacy lives on through the McQuade Society, named in her honor to reflect her commitment to service.
Ascension St. John Hospital
Ascension St. John Hospital is a regional-referral teaching hospital with 714 licensed beds and a medical staff of more than 1,300 physicians. It is the largest acute care provider and the only designated Level 1 Trauma Center on Detroit’s east side. Advanced care is available in many specialties and sub-specialties, including: cardiology, oncology, neurosciences, minimally invasive and robotic surgery, orthopedics, women's services, pediatrics and behavioral health.
Long known for its excellence in medical care, Ascension St. John Hospital is dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care for body, mind and spirit.
»See more about Ascension St. John Hospital