Providence Cancer Center
The Providence Cancer Center has centralized all outpatient services and administration under one roof for the convenience of patients during their diagnosis and treatment process. Gifts totaling more than $1 million from grateful patients, physicians and the Our Lady of Providence League helped support the renovation and expansion project to improve the patient experience.
Updates to the free-standing building at the Ascension Providence Hospital, Southfield Campus, include:
- a new patient entrance and bigger parking area
- expanded spaces for treatment
- additional equipment and technology, including a multimillion dollar TrueBeam™ linear accelerator for advanced radiation treatment
- a new Patient Resource Center
- new conference areas for multidisciplinary work groups and other meetings
- new administrative offices
- a beautiful, calming painting by grateful patient Andrea Tama, designer and artist
The Patient Resource Center is one of the most significant enhancements. Here patients and family members can learn more about their cancer diagnoses, treatment options, nutrition and lifestyle from reputable resources. Printed materials, videos, a TV/DVD player and internet access are available in the attractive, comfortable room. The location within the oncology administrative offices, near social workers, financial counselors and the medical director, provides patients with easy access to staff.