Ascension Brighton Center for Recovery
Ascension Brighton Center for Recovery is one of America’s oldest and most experienced substance abuse treatment facilities. Our affiliation with Ascension in Southeast Michigan makes us part of Ascension, one of the largest faith-based healthcare organizations in the United States. As a nonprofit organization, charitable donations are vital to allowing Ascension Brighton to help those who are dependent on drugs or alcohol.
How to donate
There are many ways to give a charitable donation to benefit the addiction-treatment programs of Ascension Brighton Center for Recovery. You may use cash, check, or a credit card (MasterCard, VISA, Discover or American Express) to make your donation.
Online: Use our secure online donation form.
By Mail: Print our donation form (PDF format; Adobe Acrobat Reader required) and send the completed form by mail with your check or credit card information to:
Ascension St. John and Providence Foundations
22101 Moross Road
Mack Office Bldg. Ste. 102
Detroit, MI 48236
Please make checks payable to: Ascension St. John and Providence Foundations
By Fax: Print our donation form and submit completed form with credit card information via fax to: 313-343-7487.
For more information, please call 248-465-5000 or 313-343-7480.
Your donations to Ascension Brighton Center for Recovery help in many ways
When you make a contribution to Ascension Brighton Center for Recovery, you become an important partner in providing exemplary care for patients and families recovering from addiction. Your charitable contributions help us:
- Enhance our health care facilities. Our 92-acre campus includes Lake Serenity, many wooded areas and historic structures. Clinical facilities continually need upgrades and maintenance to keep pace with hospital innovations and the needs of patient care.
- Help patients who need additional days of residential care. Research shows a clear correlation between the length of stay in a rehabilitation center and the long-term success of a patient’s recovery. Insurance carriers, however, do not cover behavioral-health and substance-abuse programs as generously as they do a patient’s medical and surgical needs. Our Patient Extended Care Fund helps fill the gaps.
- Provide continuing education opportunities for our drug and alcohol treatment staff. Ascension Brighton’s Addiction Fellowship, created in 2006, is America’s first clinically based program of its kind. It impacts both the quality and quantity of medical staff, and it supports the recognition of Ascension Brighton Center for Recovery as a national center of excellence and an innovator in addiction treatment and education.
- Collaborate on research programs with leading medical and nursing schools. Funds are needed to sponsor research programs and to develop the resources necessary to apply for grants available from government agencies and foundations.
- Provide scholarships for our youth drug and alcohol rehabilitation services. Through regional partnership, the Teen Drug Rehab Program enables more teens between 13 and 17 to get the help that they and their families need. Scholarships provide assessment, intensive outpatient treatment for three months and aftercare.
- Fund many other programs, such as the clergy recovery series, 30-day residential treatment series, halfway house expansions, restoration of the Ludington Peace Center, and the relocation and expansion of the gift shop and bookstore. All of these efforts ensure that Ascension Brighton Center for Recovery remains a leader in drug and alcohol treatment.
Ways to contribute
There are several ways to make a contribution to Ascension Brighton Center for Recovery.
- Contribute to Projects Needing Support
Ascension Brighton Center for Recovery seeks contributions from friends and donors for many initiatives. (Please refer to the “How to Donate” section above, or contact us at 248-465-5000 or 313-343-7480 to learn more about how you can help.)
- Contribute to the Tree of Hope
Located in the Medical Building main lobby, the Tree of Hope is a way to make a contribution and to create a permanent memorial for a loved one. Contributions support the Patient Extended Care Fund for patients unable to pay privately for all the care they need.
- Contribute at Fundraising Events
Ascension Brighton’s special events solicit contributions and help raise funds needed for programs and facilities, for patients without insurance coverage, and for training and research.
- Contribute as a Volunteer
As an alternative or in addition to financial contributions, many people choose to donate their time as volunteers. Volunteers are a significant part of creating new beginnings for many patients and families.
- Contribute through a Planned Gift
You can provide for your own financial security, while offering philanthropic support to Ascension Brighton Center for Recovery, by establishing a planned gift through wills and bequests, real estate, retirement assets, charitable lead trusts, appreciated stock, charitable remainder trusts and life insurance. Income received through trusts and other planned giving allows us to continue to be a leading source of recovery through prevention, patient care, aftercare, education and research. To learn more about making a planned gift, please call 248-465-5000 or 313-343-7480.
Note: Ascension Brighton Center for Recovery is a 501(c)(3) organization. Contributions are tax-deductible to the limits allowed by law for nonprofit donations.
Disclaimer: Ascension Brighton Center for Recovery, Ascension Southeast Michigan, Ascension St. John Foundation, Ascension Providence Foundation, Ascension St. John and Providence Foundations, and board members, officers and associates are not engaged in rendering legal or tax advice. Prospective donors should consult their independent legal counsel and financial advisor when considering a charitable gift.