Ascension Providence Hospital
Ascension Providence Hospital transforms lives and restores health to families utilizing the Southfield and Novi campuses. As part of a community-based teaching system, the hospital merges compassion, patient-centered care and state-of-the-art technology with university expertise. We are recognized by Truven Health Analytics as a 100 Top Hospital—one of only 15 nationwide recognized in the Major Teaching Hospital category.
Ascension Providence Hospital, Southfield Campus, has been a premier provider of compassionate and leading-edge health care for over 100 years, providing the most advanced treatments. This campus serves an ethnically and spiritually diverse community, and we strive to meet the special needs of our patients.
Ascension Providence Hospital, Novi Campus, opened in 2008, featuring all private rooms, most of which are acuity-adaptable. This campus offers services across the healthcare continuum on a 200-acre serene campus with several facilities including a hospital, outpatient center, cancer center, medical office building, hotel, Michigan Bone & Joint Center, Davita Dialysis Center and the Rose Senior Living community.
Ascension Providence Hospital continues to grow with the community and has opened a new outpatient center in Livingston County.
Hospital specialties include:
- Cardiovascular Care: We are a national leader and have been named a Truven 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospital in the category of Teaching Hospitals with Cardiovascular Residency Programs for many years.
- Cancer Care: The Providence Cancer Center and Assarian Cancer Center deliver groundbreaking clinical care with the convenience and personal touch of a community hospital.
- Emergency Services: 24-hour care is provided by board-certified emergency physicians. Nationally certified Advanced Primary Stroke Centers and dedicated Chest Pain Centers with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention exist at both campuses. The Southfield Campus hospital is verified as a Level II Trauma Center, and the Novi Campus hospital is undergoing the process.
- Neurosciences: The Van Elslander Neuroscience Center of Excellence is home to one of the nation’s leading multidisciplinary medical teams. We offer advanced options, including minimally invasive spine procedures and endoscopic skull base surgery, for hundreds of conditions related to the brain, spine, muscles, nerves, dizziness and balance, hearing, speech and pain management.
- Orthopedics: Our Orthopedics team returns thousands of patients to independence through specialized treatment in arthroscopic surgery, general surgery, joint replacement, spine surgery, sports medicine and more.
Importance of Philanthropy - Projects Supported by Your Gifts
We continually enhance our facilities to meet the needs of our patients. Philanthropy plays a critical role in our ability to make these enhancements. Here are just some examples of what gifts have supported:
- a new dialysis unit
- the expansion and renovation of the Providence Cancer Center, centralizing all outpatient services, acquiring new technology, and adding a new Patient Resource Center
- construction of a new Simulation and Education Center and the relocation of the Helen L. DeRoy Medical Library, including the addition of Mohammad and Farhat Qazi Patient and Family Resource Center
- campus expansion, including 32 new patient rooms, an Orthopedic gym, operating room and support facilities
- the Van Elslander Surgical Innovation Center, featuring a $3.5 million bio-skills training facility, which is attracting physicians from around the nation
- the Rose Family Senior Assessment for Independent Living Center
Gifts of any amount are welcome and make a difference. There are many areas to support, including but not limited to:
- Simulation and Education Center equipment and technology
- Van Elslander Surgical Innovation Center technology
- Neurosurgical clinical research and education
- Cardiac Rehab Center expansion and renovation
- Orthopedics equipment and program needs
- Women’s and Children’s Services, including enhancement of Labor Delivery Recovery Postpartum services
- Artwork to enhance healing environment
Make a Gift
For information on making a gift to an area mentioned above or any other program you wish to support, please call 248-465-5000. Gifts can also be made online.