Ascension St. John Foundation
Supporting Ascension St. John Hospital
You can find meaningful stories of how your gifts have impacted the lives of our patients, staff and the community in our Spirit of Giving newsletters.
Ways you can make a difference today!
Your gifts help us support our caregivers, acquire the latest equipment and technology, enhance our facilities, create funds to sustain various programs and services, and so much more.
All donations stay local and support the hospital, program or initiative of your choice. Outlined below are a few priorities your contributions can help achieve at Ascension St. John Hospital. These initiatives play an integral role in our ability to continue providing the best care for our patients and their families.
Your Child, We Care campaign at Ascension St. John Children’s Hospital
A capital campaign is in progress to raise funds for the expansion and renovation of Pediatric Services within the Ascension St. John Children’s Hospital. The newly designed Pediatric Services areas will provide greater privacy, efficiency, comfort and convenience for patients and their families. The project will bring the following enhancements:
- A dedicated Pediatric Emergency Department with its own waiting room
- A separate Women and Children’s entrance to better accommodate maternity patients and children
needing emergency services, separating them from adult patients
- Renovations to the Pediatric Unit to create a more efficient space to care for young patients
- Private pediatric inpatient rooms, enabling parents to stay overnight with their children
- The relocation of the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit so it is closer to the Pediatric Unit
The Surgical Services Department at Ascension St. John is also undergoing a major expansion and renovation. Once completed, patients will experience pre-op care, have their surgery and recover all on the same floor. Family members will also have new spacious waiting rooms.
- Expand and renovate the Gastrointestinal and Breast Cancer Care Clinics
- Purchase comfortable, easily cleanable furniture for the Van Elslander Cancer Center
- Assist patients experiencing cancer-related financial distress through bill pay assistance, so they
can focus on their health and healing
- Help offset the costs associated with DigniCap® scalp cooling treatments, which help minimize hair loss for patients undergoing chemotherapy, to improve quality of life and self-image
Heart & Vascular Care
- Renovate the cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology labs
- Purchase state-of-the-art equipment for improved diagnostics, treatment and care
- Refresh the family waiting area
- Create endowment funds designed to ensure sustainability of various patient programs/services
and/or improve the patient experience
Mission & Community Initiatives
- Patient Family Guest Housing
- Anthony L. Soave Family Mobile Mammography and Health Screening Center
- DeMars Family Against Human Trafficking Endowment
- Child Life Services Program
Make a GiftFor information on making a gift for the Your Child, We Care campaign, Surgical Services Expansion and Renovation, the Mobile Mammography Unit, or any other program you wish to support, please call the Ascension St. John Foundation at 313-343-7480. Gifts can also be made online.